How to make the best IGNOU projects?
Project is the core of all the IGNOU Courses. Though almost all the students of IGNOU feel that they are capable of writing (good) projects, what prevents them from taking an initiative is the fear that it will get rejected by their respective study centers.
If you are among those students of IGNOU who find making the project a tad too difficult, the below-given tips will help you substantially:
- Be Wise in Selecting the Topic: It is not one of them, rather the most important thing on the topic: how to prepare for IGNOU Projects? Selecting the topic is the first and foremost thing you should take into consideration. If you select the topic that interests you, have a deep understanding of and you think you have something to educate others, your project will get the eyes of the examiner. You may write the topics you are very good at and select the one that excites you to write on the selected topics.
- Be Mindful of the Page Limits: The students that make projects on their own, make an error. They do not respect the range of pages that a project should contain. Mind, your project should cover all the important headings related to your topic, but you do not have to make the description of a particular topic long enough so that the examiner loses his/her interest in your writing and ends up marking you poorly. This is also one of the most important things you should take into consideration if you want to know how to prepare for IGNOU Projects any session. Ideally, your project should contain 18-20 pages.
- Write Headings of your Pages: The first page should include the cover page, index, certificate, and acknowledgment. Write the headings like introduction, project category, objective, etc. Do not miss to write a conclusion. It is simply because, if you have an impressive conclusion page, you will get good marks, even if your examiner has very little time to thumb through your pages and evaluate your knowledge and presentation. In addition to these, credit the sources, you have taken information from. An honest examinee gets honest evaluation.
- Make a good blend of Knowledge and Creativity: Your project should be the combination of two important things—knowledge and creativity. If you have the knowledge, but you do not know as to how to bring it to the notice of your examiner, you may not get the marks you have expected. Use diagram, graph, figure, statistics, chart, etc. if and when applicable to make your knowledge spread beautifully and acknowledged easily.
IGNOU PROJECT FAQs
No, it is not compulsory it totally depends upon the programme which we are pursuing from the IGNOU.
There are only few programmes for which projects are required.
- MP (MBA); (MARKETING, HUMAN RESOURCE, FINANCE, OPERATION)
- MAEDU (MA EDUCATION)
- MARD (MA RURAL DEVELOPMENT)
- MAPC (MA PSYCHOLOGY); (CLINICAL, COUNSELLING, INDUSTRIAL)
- MED (MASTER IN EDUCATION)
- MPA (MA PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION)
- MPS (MA POLITICAL SCIENCE)
- MTM (MA TOURISM MANAGEMENT)
- PGDDM (POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN DISASTER MANAGEMENT)
- PGDRD (POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN RURAL DEVELOPMENT)
- AHE (APPLICATION ORIENTATED COURSES ON HUMAN ENVIRONMENT)
- BTS (BACHELOR OF TOURISM STUDIES)
- AMT (APPLICATION COURSE IN MATHEMATICS TEACHING )
- DNHE (DIPLOMA IN NUTRITION AND HEALTH EDUCATION)
- PGDET (POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY)
- DPLAD (DIPLOMA IN PANCHAYAT LEVEL ADMINISTRATION & DEVELOPMENT)
- MSCFT (MASTER OF SCIENCE IN COUNSELLING AND FAMILY THERAPY)
- DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies)
- PGDHE (Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education)
- MECP (Master of Arts (Economics)
- MAPY (Master of Arts in Philosophy)
- MAAE (Master of Arts in Adult Education)
- MAEDS (Master of Arts in Extension and Development Studies)
- PGDEDS (Post Graduate Diploma in Extension and Development Studies)
- PGCEDS (Post-Graduate Certificate in Extension and Development Studies)
- PGDPPED (Post Graduate Diploma in Pre-Primary Education)
- PGDEMA (Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Management and Administration)
- MADE (Master of Arts (Distance Education)
Report is a kind of 80-120 pages of detailed work of the synopsis as per topic required in the project.
This is the last process of the project.
It is also known as the Thesis and Dissertation.
When we completed our report, then we need to proceed for the next step and that is signature of the guide, then we have to bind the whole project which includes a synopsis, approval letter and report. After that, we need to go at the IGNOU Head office Maidan Garhi for submitting the whole project.
We have to do Hard binding of the report for the submission.